CLICK THE FLAG ICON TO DOWNLOAD ADMISSION GUIDELINES
※ All documents regarding admission should be delivered to the following address:
Office of International Student Services
#102 Minerva Complex, Hankuk University of Foreign Studies,
107, Imun-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 02450, Republic of Korea.
2. Eligibility Requirements
※ Overseas Koreans and/or Koreans with dual citizenship are not considered international students.
- Homeschooled/Cyber-schooled students are not eligible for admission.
Any international / overseas Korean students who do not meet the minimum requirements mentioned above for international admission need to apply for admission to HUFS through the Office of Admission (http://adms.hufs.ac.kr)
(2) Transfer Admission
For applicants who satisfy item (1) Freshman (First-year) Admission and the following:
3. Required Documents
Printouts of the system-generated application forms:
1. Application Checklist.
2. Application Form.
3. Academic Records and Consent to Verify Previous School Attendance Records.
4. Financial certification.
5. Transfer College Report (Transfer Applicants only).
University forms applicants need to download to fill out:
6. Personal statement and study plan.
> If you apply for both first and second-choice majors, you need to submit 2 personal statements and study plans.
Other Original Documents/Certified Copies.
7. Official High School Transcript and Graduation Certificate (Notarized either in Korean or English).
8. Official Transcript of academic records, and Certificate of Current Enrollment in a university or College Diploma.
* Notarized either in Korean or English, Transfer students only.
9. Copy of the applicant's passport.
10. Copies of both parents' passports (or official documents indicating parents' nationality).
11. Official document indicating parent-child relationship between the applicant and his / her parents.
12. Official Certificate of Proficiency in Korean Language.
* TOPIK level 3 or higher (Freshman applicants) / TOPIK level 4 or higher (Transfer applicants).
* Certificate of Completion of Level 4 or higher from a Korean language institution in a Korean university.
* Students without an Official Certificate of Proficiency in Korean Language will take a Korean Proficiency test conducted by Hankuk University of Foreign Studies.
(2) Supplementary Documents
1. Letter of Recommendation from your teacher/professor.
2. A copy of the applicant's Alien Registration Card.
* International residents currently in Korea only.
3. Official Certificate of proficiency in English.
* TOEFL iBT 80 (PBT 550) or IELTS 5.5 above.
* Applicants for International Studies must submit this certificate.
Those who do not have any TOPIK scores and apply to the College of Global, Business, Departments of English, International Trade and Law, Korean Studies and International Sports & Leisure must submit
4. University Admission Exam Results (Gao Kao, SAT, etc.).
5. Others (record of awards, certificate of qualification, document relating academic proficiency etc.).
4. Evaluation Criteria
5. Important Notes
A. There is no fixed entrance quota for any Divisions and Departments except College of Education.
B. Those who have passed equivalency exams for secondary education (e.g. GED in the United States and Canada or the Self-Learning Exam in China) are not eligible to matriculate.
C. Students may apply to both campuses (Seoul Campus and Global Campus).
D. If applicants are accepted by more than 2 universities, they must choose only one university.
E. All information must be correctly entered. Any mistakes are applicant's responsibility. Mistakes may affect their university admission. So applicants must check carefully if all provided information is correct.