Korean Government Scholarship Program
Since 1967, the government of the Republic of Korea has been inviting outstanding students from all over the world annually. The government provides tuition for 1 year language learning program and either Undergraduate(4 years) or Graduate(4-6 semesters) degree and monthly allowance for the scholarship awardee. Especially it organizes KGSP alumni of each country to establish a bridgehead for cooperation of exchange in academics, politics, economics and in culture.
※ Main Website: http://www.studyinkorea.go.kr
As of September 2011, There are 90 KGSP scholars studying at our university in various programs including Korean langauge course.
- Applicants should not be a holder of Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Applicants who have never enrolled in the same KGSP course.
- Should be under 25 years of age as of the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age as of the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished/be scheduled to finish formal education of elementary, middle, and high school courses as of the date of arrival.
- Hold a Bachelor degree,a Master's degree as of the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Person who have already registered at a Korean university can not apply.
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended. (Graduate)
- Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their
- The Korean Embassy/the domestic university concerned sends proper candidates to NIIED with required
- NIIED evaluates proper candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final KGSP grantees.