HUFS-UPEACE Dual Master’s Programs
Are you interested in peace studies, international organizations,
and HUFS-UPEACE Dual Master’s Program?
Please come to the Information Session
to meet our faculty, students, and the program coordinator traveling from Costa Rica!
Date: 2016.11.09 18:00~
Venue: Int'l Conference Room, Minerva Complex, Seoul Campus
Enquiries: HUFS-GSIAS Office (email@example.com / 02-2173-2449)
1st round application schedule: September ~ October
2nd round application schedule : November
Admission to HUFS-UPEACE Dual Master's program is available for the spring semester only.
※Applicants must directly apply to HUFS (NOT TO UPEACE), and admission to the program is available for the spring semester only.
Program : Department of U-PEACE
*Majors : International Law and Human Rights
Media, Peace and Conflict Studies
Sustainable Development (Responsible Management and Sustainable Economic Development)
Students who complete the course will receive two master's degrees, one each from HUFS and UPEACE.
- Graduates or anticipated graduates of a four-year university who are recognized by law as being university graduates. (Admission is open to all undergraduate majors)
- A high level of English language proficiency is required.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants with previous experiences in peace-related activities.
English Requirements : TOEFL(IBT) 90 or IELTS 7.0
*For 2017 Applicants: You can apply without the English English proficiency test scores, but successful applicants must submit the scores no later than the end of Spring Semester 2017 in order to be finally admitted to the University for Peace. *Native Speakers of English or those who graduated English speaking universities can be exempted from this requirement, but relevant evidence must be submitted.
*Any scores submitted should refer to tests taken no more than 2 years prior to the application deadline.
Selection of Applicants
- Document evaluation, Interview and Essay Writing.
- Phone Interview by UPEACE.
Online Application & Submission
Sept. - Oct
Interview & Essay Writing
Notice of Admission
*Please check http://gsias.hufs.ac.kr for the admission schedule.
*The above schedule is subject to change.
*Phone interview schedule will be individually informed by the GSIAS Office.
*Oversease applicants who cannot travel to Korea for the Interview and Writing Exam can request an alternative phone interview no later than the each application deadline.
Documents required for application
② A copy of UPEACE online application form(click)
*must be submitted online and in a printed version
③ Certificate(s) of university graduation and transcript(s) of all university studies. (two original versions)
*must be officially translated into English, if the original version is not in English.
④ Curriculum Vitae and Statement of Purpose(click)
*must be submitted in printed versions and also uploaded on the application website.
⑤ One Letter of Recommendation in English.
*Reference’s signature on recommendation letter, written on the official letter form.
*Recommendation must be sealed and Reference’s signature on the sealed side.
⑥ A copy of Passport
⑦ A certificate of English Proficiency Test Score Report.
*Please refer to the Language Requirement Section above.
Application Fee : KRW 85,000
Tuition Fee(as of 2017 Academic Year):
- HUFS: KRW 7,751,000 per semester. (excl. KRW 1,032,000 of Admission Fee)
- UPEACE: USD 19,885 per year. (30% waived)
- More scholarships are available from 2017 Academic Year. Please check the department's website(http://upeace.hufs.ac.kr) for details.
- HUFS: Full-tuition scholarship for 3 students, Half-tuition Scholarship for 3 students,
Partial Tuition Scholarship for all the other students.
- UPEACE: Full-tuition waiver for 1 student in each 6 group of new students
Partial Tuition waiver (approx. 30%) for all the other students
- Applicants should fill in the application form online and send printed version to the Administrative Office of GSIAS. (postal submission accepted)
- Original degree certificates and transcripts issued from overseas countries must be officially translated* into Korean or English. *This means translation certified by a consular officer, licensed translator, or other official body.
- Submission by mail should be registered and arrive by the due date.
- Submitted materials will not be returned.
- For overseas applicants: If you cannot travel to Korea for the face-to-face interview and writing examination please email to firstname.lastname@example.org and request an alternative phone interview.
Application Documents must be sent to:
Graduate School of International and Area Studies
Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
107 Imun-ro, Dongdaemun-gu, Seoul 130-831, Korea
Tel: 82-2-2173-2448~9 Fax: 82-2-2173-3369
*For further inquiries please contact email@example.com
 This means translation certified by a consular officer, licensed translator or other official body