1. Thank you all for your ceaseless devotion & dedication!
2. For the 2015 year-end tax adjustment, all faculty members and part-time teachers are required to log on to the homepage (see paragraph 3 below) and input data for deductions entitled to you, before printing out an "Earned Income Tax Deduction Report" and submitting such to the Finance and Accounting Team (Seoul), General Affairs Team (Global) along with all related receipts & evidentiary documents in order to derive deduction benefits. (If not filed, it will be adjusted only for earned income tax deduction and the basic (across-the-board deduction applied to any taxpayers) deduction.)
3. Instructions regarding the registration (input) of year-end adjustment online and filing of documents
a. Log in to the homepage (www.hufs.ac.kr) → Comprehensive Information(종합정보시스템) → Log in → Welfare Information(복지정보) → Click the 'year-end tax adjustment'
b. Detailed information on year-end adjustment
1) Year-end adjustment input: type in details for the across-the-board deduction, basic tax adjustment information and incomes from other workplaces. Print the report.
2) Information on year-end adjustment: user information for year-end tax adjustment; how to provide evidentiary documents.
3) Result inquiry: From Feb. 25(Thu), 2016
c. Deadline for registration & filing of documents
Deadline for online input & document filing
▪ Faculty members: From Jan. 25(Mon) 2016 to Jan. 29(Fri) 2016.
▪ Part-time teachers: From Jan. 25(Mon) 2016 to Jan. 29(Fri) 2016.
※ As for part-time instructors, the deadline above is limited to those who have income from HUFS only. If you have other income except from here, you should be required to make a voluntary report of a composite income tax report to your district tax office in May. (no teaching income generated for February).
▪ Earned Income tax deduction report & all necessary supporting documents
▪ Medical expenses payment statement & credit card income deduction statement
(provide if applicable)
▪ For foreign teachers- Provide the "Certificate of alien registration
(a copy of foreigner registration)"
※ For required documents, enter the information online and print the relevant documents before submitting the documents to us.
d. As for full-time teachers lecturing in other schools and part-timers whose main workplace (the place where most income is earned is defined as the main place of employment) is the HUFS, please make sure that you get issued the "withholding tax receipts for earned income" from other workplaces and input such data online within the due date set forth, before providing them to the Accounting Office of our school.
e. If there are any questions when making online registrations or filing documents, please contact us at :
4. For those part-time teachers whose main place of employment is other than the HUFS, the issuance of the "withholding tax receipt for earned income" will be available starting from Dec. 24(Thu), 2015.
5. If you don't provide the "withholding tax receipts for earned income" from other workplaces by this year's deadline, thus failing to file a tax return for the total income of the main & other workplaces combined, or if the total of other incomes for the year exceeds 15M won, you shall be required to make a voluntary report of a composite income tax report to your district tax office in May. (Final period for reporting composite income tax: May 1st ~ May 31st every year)
Dean of Administration Support