Study Abroad Programs

1. HUFS - Temple University Dual Master's Degree Program


The Graduate School of TESOL at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (HUFS; Seoul, Korea) and the College of Education at Temple University (Temple; Philadelphia, PA, USA) currently operate a dual Master’s degree program.
Students begin the program by completing four required courses (first semester) at HUFS, then completing six required courses at Temple (second and third semesters), and finally returning to HUFS to take an additional courses and write a thesis or portfolio (fourth and fifth semesters). Note that those who are required to take prerequisite courses need an additional semester at HUFS at the beginning of the program.

Application and admission

Initial admissions to the dual Master’s degree program will be handled by HUFS. Students are eligible to apply for the program once they begin their studies at HUFS. Detailed information about the selection procedure will be announced at the beginning of each semester.


Students in the dual Master’s degree program must choose either the thesis track or the portfolio track. They are not eligible to 
apply for the coursework track.

2. Semester Study Abroad at University of Hawaii at Manoa

Eligible students can participate in a one-semester study abroad program at the University of Hawaii at Manoa (UH). Credits earned at UH can be transferred to HUFS, for a maximum 6 credits. During the semester of study at UH, students pay UH tuition fees but not GS TESOL HUFS tuition fees. For further information, please contact International Exchange UH (https://manoa.hawaii.edu/mix/inbound/how-to-apply-postgraduate-students/).


·Those who complete at least two semesters in the GS TESOL at HUFS
·Those who successfully achieve a GPA of 4.0 or higher
·Those who achieve a total score of 100 or higher on the TOEFL iBT test or an overall band score of 7.0 or higher on IELTS


* Due to the application deadline, you may go through an application procedure before completing two semesters in the GS TESOL. However, you may become eligible for the study abroad program ONLY AFTER it is confirmed that you have completed at least two semesters in the GS TESOL and achieved a GPA of 4.0 or higher.

* For the nomination procedure, applicants must submit an English test score prior to the nomination deadline.



3. Internship Program

GS TESOL students can participate in the overseas internship programs offered by the TESOL Professional Education Center at HUFS.

Internship at California State University(San Bernardino):

Students can take part in the internship programs at California State University(San Bernardino), which run for four weeks.

Internship at Selkirk College(Canada):

Students can participate in the internship programs at Selkirk College(Canada), which run for four weeks.